SPORTLING, in partnership with school and community,
will provide a safe learning environment that promotes the academic, physical, social,
and emotional development of our diverse learning community through Sports.
The mission of SPORTLING Physical Education and Sports program is to provide appropriate instruction which maximizes an individual’s potential for developing and maintaining a healthy body, mind, and character. We believe that a quality PE & Sports program is fundamental for our students. Why do children need a quality PE program? The simple answer is so that they will remain physically active throughout their lifetime and reap the benefits of doing so. Quality PE provides students with a multitude of important learning experiences that cannot be duplicated in the classroom. Physical Education is that phase of education which is concerned with the teaching of skills, improving physical fitness, the reinforcement of other subjects, self-discipline, leadership and cooperation, enhancing self-efficacy, stress reduction, and strengthening peer relationships. Physical activity contributes much to the growth, development, and the general well-being of every individual. Some of the benefits of our quality PE program are:
- An opportunity to teach character traits such as sportsmanship, teamwork, cooperation, encouragement, kindness, responsibility, self-esteem, respect for others, and so much more!
- A quality PE program keeps our students healthy through participation through the program, while teaching them the basic skills needed for future fitness, athletic, and health success. A student who is physically and mentally healthy is more likely to be prepared to meet the daily challenges of living in our society, and is more likely to make appropriate choices about lifestyles.
- Quality PE involves every student, and meets every student at his or her level of ability.
SPORTLING Program is more than running, calisthenics, or sport. It is a total movement experience that focuses on fun, involvement, character, self-esteem, health and fitness, and total well-being for our students. It is an essential part of every day to live long, healthy lives.
- To irrigate sporting culture in society
- Acknowledge and appreciate diversity;
- Learn and appreciate the benefits of physical acitivity and healthy lifestyles;
- Engage in healthy practices;
- Be able to perform basic motor and psychomotor skills;
- Develop a thirst for learning;
- Encourage others to participate in physical activity and healthy lifestyles; and
- Exhibit strong morals, values, and character.